Healthy Jalapeño Popper Recipe
- 10 jalapeños
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 block 75% reduced fat Cabot white cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 4 egg whites
- Cut the tops off the jalapeños and remove the seeds and ribs using a small paring knife. You just want to hollow out the jalapeño, but leave it whole with a place to insert the cheese filling.
- Place the hollowed out jalapeños on a cookie sheet and broil on high in the oven for five minutes to char.
- Meanwhile, shred the Cabot 75% reduced fat cheese into the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer. Add the cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Place the cream cheese/Cabot mixture into a gallon sized Ziploc bag with the tip cut off.
- Once the jalapeños cool off, pipe the cheese into the peppers
- Dip the filled jalapeños into whipped egg whites, then dip into the whole wheat panko; place on the baking sheet; Spray with Pam to get the mixture to stick and stay on the pepper
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
Recipe by Run Disney Mom at http://rundisneymom.com/healthy-jalapeno-popper-recipe/