During this second week of the new year, I’m already loving 2018! This week I’ve been focused on fitness, reading, spending time with my family and redesigning my blog!
- I just came back to blogging on January 1, and as I’ve gotten back into it, I wanted to redesign the site. This brings me to the first thing I’m loving this week, the StudioPress Genesis Framework with Foodie Pro Theme. My vision is to design the site based on my concept towards health…clean, simple and fresh. What do you think? Do you like the new layout?
- I’ve been running exclusively on the treadmill for the 2018 in 2018 challenge. Last week I ran 47 miles – all on the treadmill, so I have lots of time to listen to music, audio books and watch netflix. Right now I’m listening to Fire & Fury , the new book about Donald Trump, via my Audible subscription. I LOVE Audible. I simply pay a monthly fee and I get credits for a new book every month. I listen to the books while I’m running, driving to work and waiting in the car for my son to finish guitar lessons.
<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB86OYE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NB86OYE&linkCode=as2&tag=fiadathfuwa-20&linkId=963f03a1d66580107b0dc4d0932da0a5″><img border=”0″ src=”//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?_encoding=UTF8&MarketPlace=US&ASIN=B00NB86OYE&ServiceVersion=20070822&ID=AsinImage&WS=1&Format=_SL250_&tag=fiadathfuwa-20″ ></a><img src=”//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=fiadathfuwa-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B00NB86OYE” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
3. I bought myself a membership to Texture because I LOVE magazines. Like, really love them. At one point I had so many magazine subscriptions I couldn’t fit them all in my magazine rack and they were piling up. I love the Texture app because I can read all of my favorite magazines and I don’t have to have the paper copies laying around and junking up my office. I can also go back and read back issues, save articles and scan the featured stories. I get a chance to read articles from magazines that I usually don’t buy and I don’t feel guilty if I don’t read a mag from front to back.
4. My crockpot. I’ve already used my crockpot four out of fifteen nights in the new year. I made my weight loss vegetable soup, chili, chicken and rice soup and bbq chicken. It’s so easy for weeknight meals.
5. I finished reading the book While the City Slept by Eli Sanders. This book was required as part of my MFA program, so initially I read it because it was required, but WOW! One of the best books I’ve ever read. I highly recommend it, especially if you like non-fiction. My favorite book genres are memoir, creative non-fiction and cook books!
6. Have you ever had a Quest Protein cookie? They are good! They will definitely quell your sweet tooth, but are chockfull of protein!
7. I tried the birthday cake protein bars by One for the first time and really loved them! I’m always looking for a good protein bar that I can eat quickly at my desk when I can break away for lunch.
What have you been up to this week? Learn anything new in the new year? Would love to hear from you!