Healthy Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites Recipe
O..M…G! I made these delicious healthy baked cheesy zucchini bites because I received a TON of zucchini in my CSA produce box from Springs Farms. I made chocolate zucchini bread and then ran out of ideas! I have used zucchini in sweet recipes quite a bit, but I rarely make zucchini as a side dish. My family really doesn’t like squash or zucchini too much, so I generally avoid making it.
But, I didn’t want the plethora of zucchini to go bad. I LOVE the spinach and kale bites from Trader Joes.
They have a delicious blend of veggies and cheese. I decided to try to copycat those delicious bites, only with zucchini instead of kale. They turned out amazing!! These are my new fav food and they are great for a movie night or appetizer for a party.
Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 larget egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 450. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchinis using a medium sized grate. Lay the shredded zucchini on a paper towel and press another, clean, paper towel on top. Squeeze all of the water out of the zucchini, which usually takes two-three times of pressing a paper towel on top of the zucchini.
- Shred fresh parmesan cheese, using the small sized grate.
- Mix the zucchini with the cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the zucchini mixture out using a small ice cream scoop. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spray with butter non-stick spray.
- Cook for 15 minutes.